Fish(pabda) - 4 medium size
Mustard Seeds - 4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt - To taste
Black Cumin Seeds - Pinch of (kalojeera)
Bay Leaf - 1 (optional )
Green Chilies - 3-4 slit
Mustard Oil - 3 tbsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
|PABDA MACHER JHAAL|
HOW TO COOK:
- Apply 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp salt to the fish and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Wash and grind together the mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 green chilies to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish lightly in batches on high flame.
- Discard any leftover oil, and heat the remaining oil.
- Turn down the flame and add the black cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- When they splutter , add the mustard paste.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and fry for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Add water,salt to taste, green chilies and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame, add the fish and allow to simmer till the fish is cooked through.
- Normally pabda cook in 3-4 minutes .
- Garnish with fresh coriander and a few drop of mustard oil.
- Serve hot with plain rice.