This dish is considered to be one of the best dishes.
- Serves for 4.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes.
- Cooking time: 45 minutes.
Chicken drumsticks -600 gms
Ginger Paste - 3 tsp
Garlic paste - 3 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Brown onion paste - 5 tbsp
Tomato puree - 4-1/2 cups
Stock of Chicken - 4 cups
Butter (unsalted) - 6 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Green chilies - 4 sliced
Cashew nuts - 1 tbsp ( roasted and crushed)
Cream - 2 tbsp
Saffron - 1/2 tsp, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
Salt - as per taste
HOW TO COOK:
- Marinate the chicken with garlic ginger paste, chili powder, salt, and lemon juice for half an hour.
- Cone the drumsticks and roast in a tan door till it tender well.
- You can also tan door it in micro oven on grilled mood.
- Combine the tomato puree and onion paste along with the chicken stock in a wok.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly till its become a thick sauce consistency.
- Keep aside the sauce.
- In a separate wok, heat 4 tbsp butter.
- Add the chicken drumsticks then add coriander powder.
- Saute it for 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and keep aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add the green chilies and cashew nuts.
- Saute briefly.
- Add the cream, pour over the prepared chicken.
- Sprinkle saffron over the paste.
- Now its ready to serve hot.
- You can serve with any Indian breads and also serve as a starter.
How to make brown Onion paste: Its so simple to make.
- Slice and fry the onions in a little oil and allow to cool before processing.