|GREEN PEAS KOCHURI|
Refind Flour - 300 gm
Ghee/oil - 4 tbsp
Water - 4 to 1/2 tbsp
Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/2 tsp
Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 2 tsp
salt - To taste
sugar - 1 tsp or to taste
Oil For deep frying
HOW TO COOK:
- Combine the refined flour 1 tsp salt, 2 tbsp ghee/oil, water and knead into a stiff dough.
- Refrigerate for 2 minutes.
- Half boil the peas and grind to a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok. Lower the flame and add the asafoetida .
- Add the pea paste , sugar, salt to taste and chilli powder.
- Mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on a low flame ,stirring all the while so that it does not burn.
- Add the cumin,chili powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, Shape each portions into a disc about 2 inches in diameter.
- Make a well in the middle, add adequate stuffing and cover it.
- Roll each into a disc about 3 inches in diameter.
- Deep fry on a low flame till golden brown in color.
- Drain excess oil and serve hot.