|ALOO GOBI CURRY|
Cauliflower - 1 large, cut into middle size
Potato - 2 large, peeled and cut into pieces
Tomato - 1 large, finely chopped
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
Green Chilies - 4-5
Fresh Coriander - 1 tbsp chopped
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Ghee(optional) - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Sugar - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tbsp Grinned
HOW TO COOK:
- Wash the vegetable well and rub in 1/2 tsp salt and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Add the vegetables and saute over a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger paste, turmeric, cumin and chili powders.
- Continue to fry on a low flame till the masalas are well fried.
- Sprinkle a little water if the masala tends to burn.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and sugar, stir well and cover.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes more till the tomatoes is soft.
- Add the water and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame,cover and let it simmer till the Vegetable are cooked, but slightly crunchy.
- Add the garam masala powder and ghee.
- Adjust the quantity of gravy, garnish with fresh coriander and green chilies.
- Serve hot with plain rice or roti.