Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Potatoes sliced - 1/2 cup
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Carrot Cubes - 1/2 cup
Cloves - 4
Green Cardamon pods - 2
Cinnamon sticks - 2-3 1 inch
Garlic Finely chopped - 1 tsp
Ginger Finely chopped - 2 tsp
Onions Finely chopped - 2 cup
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder -1 tsp
Freshly Ground Coconut - 1/2 cup
Sliced almonds - 2 tbsp
Raisins - 2 tbsp
Oil or Ghee - 5 tbsp
HOW TO COOK:
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry 1/2 cup onions till golden brown.
- Now add raisins and almond and saute till the almond golden brown.
- Keep aside.
- Now wash the rice and drain the water and let it sit with no water for 10 mnts.
- Heat the oil in a pot add cloves cardamon pods and cinnamon sticks and saute it.
- Now make a paste with garlic, ginger,cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder,coconut, onions.
- Add the paste on oil and saute it till golden brown and until the oil start separate.
- Now add the peppers, potatoes, peas, carrots and saute it for few more minutes.
- Add rice and salt and saute it again few more minutes.
- Add garam masala.
- Now add approx 5 cups water and cook the rice until the water as been absorbed.
- Cover it for few minutes.
- After cooking remove the cover and serve in a bowl and garnish with fried onions,raisins and almonds.