|RAILWAY MUTTON CURRY|
Baby Potatoes - 16
Ghee - 90 gms
Onions chopped - 2 big
Curry Leaves - 24
Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
Red Chili powder - 5 tbsp
Coriander powder - 3 tbsp
Cumin powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Clear Lamb stock - 4 cups
Tamarind Pulp - 45 gms
Coconut milk/ canned Cream - 3/4 cup
HOW TO COOK:
- Put tamarind in a saucepan add 240 ml water bring to boil.
- Reduce to low eat and simmer until reduce to a quarter.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add onions and curry leaf, saute over low heat until onion become limp and soft.
- Add garlic paste, ginger paste, red chili paste, coriander, cumin and turmeric, dissolved in 1/2 cup of water stir-fry until the moisture evaporates.
- Then add the meat, increase to high heat and stir-fry for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Adding small quantities of water to prevent sticking.
- Add potatoes stir fry for a minute.
- Now add stock and salt, bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, cover and simmer,stirring occasionally until the meat is cooked.
- Uncover and add tamarind, bring to boil, reduce to low heat simmer, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in coconut milk/cream, bring to just under boil.
- Ensuring that it does not come to a bubble or the coconut milk will curdle.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer until the gravy is medium tick.
- Remove and adjust the seasoning.
- Then place it in a serving bowl and serve it with steamed rice.