Flour/Maida - 4 cups
Soda bi-carb - 1/4
baking powder - 1 tsp
Egg - 1
Sugar - 2 1/2 tsp
Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Milk - 3 tbsp
Groundnut Oil - 5 tsp
Atta - To dust
Ghee/butter - To grease baking try
Kalonji - 1 tsp
Melon seeds - 1 3/4 tsp
Butter - 2 tsp
Salt - To taste
HOW TO COOK:
- Sieve the salt,soda bi-carb and baking powder into a parat.
The Egg mixing:
- break the egg in a bowl,add sugar, yogurt and milk, whisk.
- Make a bay in the sieved flour, pour water approx 3/4 cups in it and start mixing.gradually.
- When fully mixed knead to make a dough.
- Add the egg mixture and incorporate gradually.
- When fully mixed, knead to make a soft dough(it should not stick on the finger), cover with a moist cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Then add oil,knead and punch the dough,cover with a moist cloth and keep aside for 2 hours to allow the dough to rise.
- Divide into 6 equal portions,make balls and place on a floured surface.
- Sprinkle kalonji and melon seeds fatten the balls slightly to make pedha, cover and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- latter each pedha between the palms to make a round disc and the stretch on one side in shape of an elongated oval.
- Place the naan on a gaddi( cushioned pad) stick inside a moderately hot tandoor and bake for 3 minutes.
- In case of use oven, preheat oven 375 degree Fahrenheit and place on a baking tray grassed with ghee and bake for 10 minutes.
- Apply butter on naan as soon as it is remove from the tandoor or oven and serve immediately.