|CHINGRI MACHER MALAI CURRY|
Prawns - 500 gm
Creamed Coconut - 1 cup
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Green Chilies - 5-6 slit length wise
Green Cardamon - 3 to 4
Cloves - 2-3
Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt - To taste
Sugar - 1 tsp
HOW TO COOK:
- Clean, Devin and wash the prawns.
- Marinate with 1 tsp salt and turmeric powder for 30 minutes.
- Bland together the creamed coconut and water and keep aside.
- To the same oil, add the cardamon, cloves and cinnamon and fry for half a minutes.
- Add the ginger paste and fry for another minutes.
- Add the coconut milk green chilies,salt, sugar and bring to boil.
- Add the prawns and cover and cook on a low flame till the prawns are cooked and gravy thickens.
- Check the seasoning.
- Serve hot.