|KABULI CHANA PULAO|
Basmati rice( soaked water for 30 mnts) - 2 cup
Green cardamon - 6
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Ginger julienne -1/2 inc
Green chillies -. 4 chopped
Coriander - 2 tbsp chopped
Mint - 2 tbsp chopped
Onion fried ( golden brown) - 1
Kabuli chana - 200 gms
Onion - 2 chopped
Ghee - 5 tbsp
Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Ginger paste - 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Tomato chopped - 2
Green cardamon powder - 1/2
Kewra water - 1 drop
Salt - to taste
FOR BOUQUET GARNISH:
cloves - 3
black cardamon( 1 inch) - 2
bay leaf -. 2
HOW TO COOK:
For the Bouquet garnish :
- put all bouquet ingredients in a mortar and pound wit a pastel to break the spices, fold in a piece of muslin and secure wit enough string for it to hang over the rim of the handi or pan.
For Kabuli Chana :
- Soak over night in a pan full of water.
- Te following morning drain, cover wit fresh water, bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Then remove and reserve in the same water for an hour.
- Drain just prior to cooking , put in a pan and add the bouquet grain and water( approx 3 cups) and boil until cooked.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add onion saute over medium heat until translucent and glossy
- Add garlic and ginger saute until the moisture evaporates .
- Then add red chilli ( dissolved in 1 tbsp of water), stir-fry until the moisture evaporates.
- Add tomato and salt,stir-fry until for leaves the sides and the tomatoes are mashed.
- Now add the boiled chhana along wit the liquor ,bring to boil add lemon juice cardamon powder and kewra, stir and adjust the seasoning.
- Now preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- To prepare the rice boil 1.5 litters of water in a pan, add the bouquet garni and salt stir.
- Add rice bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat.Add lemon juice and continue to boil , stirring occasionally until 90% cooked.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Put half of chana and liquor in a handi, spread half of the boiled rice on top and sprinkle half the ginger julienne, green chillies, coriander and mint on the rice.
- Spread the remaining chana and liquor on the rice and sprinkle the remaining ginger julienne green chillies, coriander and mint.
- Spread the fried onions evenly, place a moist cloth on top, cover wit lid and seal wit atta dough.
- Now cook until steam start seeping out of the dough.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Put the sealed handi on dum in the pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 mnts.
- After cook break the seal and serve from the handi itself.