Refined flour - 20 g
Ghee/Oil (for dough) - 2 tbsp
Salt - 2 tsp
Sugar (optional) - 1 tsp
Water - 4 tbsp
Onion seed - 1 tsp
Oil - For deep- frying
HOW TO COOK:
- Combine refined flour, 2 tbsp oil, salt, sugar and onion seed and mix well.
- Add water and knead properly.
- Make a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll each portion with little dry flour into thick chapati- sized discs.
- Now cut each disc into 1/2 inch X 1-1/2 inch strips with a sharp knife.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the strips in small batch on a medium flame till crisp and golden in color.
- Serve it hot or you can keep it in a airtight container as it will keep for many days.