Spinach - 600 gms
Green chilies - 2 chopped
Paneer - 2 cups in cube
Oil - 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Garlic - 1 tsp finely chopped
Ginger - 1 tsp finely chopped
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Cream - 2 tsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
HOW TO COOK:
- Blanch the spinach in lots of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
- Refresh in chilled water.
- Squeeze out excess water gently and blend to a fine paste with the green chilies.
- Deep fry the paneer cubs in moderately hot oil till light golden in color.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat the butter in a heavy based pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry briefly till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the chopped spinach puree, salt and mix well.
- Add water if required to get a gravy of desired consistency and bring to a boil.
- Add the deep fried paneer cubes and stir to mix gently.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- Simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Put off the heat and mix in the cream.
- Served with hot chaapati or naan.Naan